Switching a Heat Pump from Heat to Cool
As warmer temperatures approach, you will need to transition your heat pump from being a heater to providing you with cool air. It is time to schedule maintenance before temperatures warm up and you need your heat pump to be providing you with constant cooling.
There is maintenance for you and for us:
Maintenance Tasks for the Homeowner
- Replace the air filter.
- Remove any growth from a two to three foot area around the outdoor section of your heat pump.
- Clean the coils, the cold weather probably made this difficult, it is time to look at them again.
- Check your thermostat settings and adjust for warm weather.
- Flush and clean the drain line. Remember to prime the trap, if necessary.
- If your unit uses electric heat, check all of the wiring for discoloration and heat damage.
Maintenance Tasks for Professionals
- A professional will check the refrigerant to ensure there is a safe level. Refrigerant levels need to remain consistent, especially in the warm weather.
- Electrical connections will be inspected to check for exposed wiring or loose connections.
- Blower motor should be oiled. Blower wheels should be inspected for balance.
- A professional will check the energy efficiency of your unit. If any problems are present, they should be repaired before operating the heating system.
- A technician will check and clean the evaporator coils.
Transition your heat pump to cool for summer by performing the necessary maintenance tasks to minimize the risk of a breakdown, you will also improve indoor air quality, and extend the life of your system components.
If you are in Hendersonville, Nashville or the surrounding communities, please call the heating experts at Kimbro Air or request service online. If you are not sure if you are covered by us, visit our service area page or call our office to find out what we can do for you.
Kimbro Air proudly provides HVAC service to Hendersonville, Nashville, Bellevue, Bordeaux, Brentwood, Franklin, Gallatin, Goodlettsville, Hermitage, Madison, Mt. Juliet, White House and the surrounding communities. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 615-824-8098, or request service online today.